Are they DANGEROUS?
What are Microplastics?
Microplastics are small plastic particles measuring less than 5mm in size. They are dangerous because they can easily be ingested by marine life and other organisms, potentially causing harm to their internal organs and disrupting their natural behavior. Additionally, microplastics can also absorb toxins from the environment, which can then be passed on to animals and potentially humans when they consume contaminated organisms. Microplastics also pose a threat to the environment as they can persist in the environment for hundreds of years and are difficult to remove.